Annually, Benco Dental pays tribute to the first woman in the U.S. to receive a dental degree by honoring six pioneering women in the dental profession with an award created in Dr. Hobbs name: The Lucy Hobbs Project
At Benco’s annual Lucy Hobbs Project Celebration, we invite the dental community to honor award recipients in six categories:
- Woman to Watch: An up-and-coming leader who utilizes her position to create positive change,
- Industry Icon: A trailblazer who is consistently recognized and admired for her work in dentistry,
- Mentor: An advisor who recognizes the importance of supporting, educating and encouraging others,
- Innovator: A groundbreaker who demonstrates a willingness to implement new technologies and business processes without fear of potential failure,
- Humanitarian: An altruist who works tirelessly for a cause that benefits the well-being of others, and
- Clinical Expert: A skillful practitioner who embraces advancements and integrates them into patient care.
Individuals and organizations are invited to submit nominations. Self-nominations are accepted.
Nominate an inspirational woman in dentistry today
Nominate before April 26 deadline: https://www.judgify.me/LHP-nominations2019
About The Lucy Hobbs Project
Founded by Benco Dental, The Lucy Hobbs Project is a national program focused on innovation, networking and giving back. Ten thousand members strong, the program helps women in all facets of dentistry – dentists, dental assistants, hygienists, receptionists, sales representatives and others – to use their voices as a force for change. Named for Dr. Lucy Hobbs Taylor, who in 1866 became the first American female to earn a degree in dentistry, the Project offers free membership. To join, visit: https://lucyhobbs-wpengine-com-lucyhobbs-wpengine-com.thelucyhobbsproject.benco.com/