5 reasons to register for The Lucy Hobbs Project Celebration
The Lucy Hobbs Project hosts an annual celebration that encourages dental professionals to become a part of the movement that is changing the face of dentistry.
At this year’s event, the 7th annual celebration of women in dentistry, Cameo Dental Specialists is partnering with Benco Dental to host at The Blackstone Hotel on October 3-5 in Chicago, Illinois.
A national initiative, powered by Benco Dental and free to join, The Lucy Hobbs Project aims to bring women together from all facets of the dental profession through networking, innovation and giving back. It pays tribute to the legacy of the first woman to earn a dental degree in the U.S.: Dr. Lucy Hobbs Taylor. When she was refused admission to dental school in 1859 because of her gender, Lucy persevered (read her inspirational story here).
This pioneering spirit fuels the Project, and its members to drive dentistry forward.
The annual celebration will not only help attendees grow individually, but will also help dental teams grow together.
On the fence about registering? You’ll be able to make a concrete decision after reading the next 5 reasons to register for this year’s Lucy Hobbs Project annual Celebration.
- Dental professionals from all over the country attend the three-day celebration. Attendees can learn from and network with peers to gain insight. Participants have the opportunity to take part in activities in line with this year’s theme “Mind+Body+Soul —Achieve Your Personal Best Balance, at Home & Work“, hosted at The Blackstone, a location outside of the typical professional environment to encourage the creation of long-term bonds.
2. Giving Back
- The Lucy Hobbs Project annual Celebration not only offers attendees the opportunity to better themselves and their dental practices, but also allows them to give back to those in need. Through a collaboration with the non-profit organization Let It Be Us, those at the event will have the chance to take part in a give-back activity aimed to help find homes for the 18,000 children living in foster care across Illinois.
- Cameo Dental Specialists joins Benco Dental in hosting this year’s celebration. Cameo Dental Specialists includes practices located across Illinois. Its doctors and highly trained staff always strive to provide exceptional care to their patients in the most comfortable environment.
- Dr. Vladana Babcic, of Cameo Dental Specialists, will participate as a guest panelist at the Celebration in October and share advice gained from working in the dental profession and offer words of encouragement to attendees.
CNN anchor Poppy Harlow will be this year’s featured guest. When she’s not co-anchoring the weekday 9-11 a.m. ET edition of “CNN Newsroom”, she hosts the CNN podcast “BossFiles with Poppy Harlow” with guests including Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Melinda Gates. This fall in Chicago, the Emmy-nominated journalist will join The Lucy Hobbs Project in partnership with Cameo Dental Specialists in celebrating six outstanding women in dentistry. Attendees will be inspired to maintain a positive mindset while striving for their long-term career goals and balance professional growth with a fulfilling family life. Harlow’s passion for life is sure to spark initiative within participants.
- Among attendees will be six exemplary women in dentistry who will receive awards that highlight their perseverance and dedication to the profession. These awards shine light on their unique accomplishments. This year’s winners will be honored at a celebratory ceremony:
- Industry Icon Award, Linda Miles, Speaker, Consultant, Author, AskLindaMiles.com, Estero, Florida
- Clinical Expert Award, Deborah V. George, DDS, Executive Vice President and Chief Dental Officer, Jessie Trice Community Health System, Miami, Florida
- Humanitarian Award, Tesa Jolly, DDS, Dr. Tesa Jolly Family Dentistry, Pulaski, Tennessee
- Innovator Award, Cathy J. Grinham, RDH, Public Health Dental Hygienist, Visiting Dental Associates of Massachusetts, Assonet, Massachusetts
- Mentor Award, Carole Ann Palmer, Ed.D., RD, LDN, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
- Woman to Watch Award, Charmaine Ng, DMD, Healthright360, San Francisco, California
Still need another reason?
Attendees will also earn three Continuing Education credits. Those interested in registering for this year’s 7th Annual Celebration at the Blackstone Hotel in Chicago Oct. 3-5 can do so here.
Leave a Reply